23.7.09

Harry Potter and ... Alan Rickman

Finally got to go see it last night with my friend Mark. Pretty good. As usual, I was watching primarily for Severus. My friends say "eww! Creepy fangirl! Snape is like greasy and old. He's like 50" but I say "Not so, my friends! Not so. In canon he's only 38 when he died... which is only a couple decades too old fo me... you're just thinking he's over forty because of the actor playing him". It is usually at this point that my friends tell me I'm obsessed or back away slowly. Psssh.

They're probably just jealous that their favourite character isn't played by the fabulous Mr. Alan Rickman. He's in a surprising number of my favourite films (Sweeney Todd, Perfume, Love Actually), most recently being that I watched Snowcake. It was brilliant. It had glitter, Alan Rickman mistaking people for prostitutes, and songs by the Stereophonics. Can one ask for more in cinema?

No comments:

Post a Comment